Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Over Her Dead Body (2008)


“A lackluster romantic comedy, that might have you laughing…..every once in a while”

Eva Longoria, gets crushed by an ice sculpture of an Angel, on her wedding day. Leaving her fiancée, Paul Rudd, sad and unwilling to move on….. So, his sister takes him to a psychic…..blah blah blah

Re-Watch-ah-Bill-ah-tee
Well, if you like romantic comedies, watch it once, then you decide…..otherwise, if you're not a fan of romantic comedies, avoid it all together.
I however, am going to watch it at least once more, because Paul Rudd had me dying.

THE CAST
Paul Rudd
I’m a fan. Big fan of his delivery, he kills me in Anchorman, 40 yr-old Virgin, and Knocked Up. He is the reason I bought this movie, and luckily it was worth it……he was funny, that is what I expected……everyone else? That is another story. But, he's also great in Dewey Cox, Reno 911, and he’s ok in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Role Models.

I also just rewatched Clueless, the movie, after about 8 years, and I completely forgot that he was in that. He also does the best Robert De Niro impression, in Knocked Up.



Eva Longoria
who doesn’t seem to be trying very hard in some scenes, also had a small role in The Heartbreak Kid, which I did enjoy. I also enjoy her height, which is 5’2”


*more at Egotastic


Jason Biggs
Comes off as cheese-E, e-spesh-ah-lee early on in the movie, but he did bring some comedic relief, so thanks for that.

Of course we all know him from American Pie, but he is one of the few joys in Boys and Girls, and he’s great in his short role in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, a personal favorite.

Lindsay Sloane
Who I could barely recognize, underneath her Haylie Duff/Kat Dennings Haircut, was Big Red in Bring It On



Stephen Root
This guy is in a bunch of good/ok movies, this isn’t one of them, he actually is kind of lackluster in this, but who cares? Whenever I see him, all I can think about, is his Swingline stapler, and “I said no salt!”

Other than Office Space, he’s also in Dodgeball, Drillbit Taylor, Grind, Finding Nemo, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

And this guy has been on almost every TV Show, Roseanne, Home Improvement, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Murphy Brown, Blossom , NYPD Blue , Party of Five , Malcolm in the Middle , Just Shoot Me!, Grounded for Life , Frasier

Of course he was Jimmy James on NewsRadio

And here's the one that really makes you official Seinfeld

And I had no clue, he was the voice of Bill Dauterive and Buck Strickland on King of the Hill ,



Jack Conley
Is a cab driver for about 30 seconds. He also has a small role in one of my favorite movies, as a DEA agent in Get Shorty.


He also has a small role in Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, which is friggin’ hill-Lare-e-us
.....also in Payback, The Cell, Fun with Dick and Jane *these were all watched somewhat recently


Wendi McLendon-Covey
Makes a small appearance, but I only know her because of Reno 911

Kali Rocha
Who you might be able to remember from Meet the Parents, plays a Angel.


OTHER THOUGHTS

it is super duper easy to shoot someone as a ghost.

-Keep camera in one position, shoot just the set with no one in frame, then shoot the actors, then edit a-cord-ing-lee

No comments:

Post a Comment